Welcome to my new website! I can't believe it was 8 years ago that I launched my business. In that time I have consulted hundreds of you who have trusted me with your style and wardrobe. It is you that constantly inspire and challenge me and the reason I love what I do. My business and my clients needs have evolved and it has inspired my beautiful new simplified and functional website. I would love to know what you think.
As I see in the new year with a fresh online image, I think about what else I would like to achieve sartorially in 2016. My goal for myself and for my clients is to buy 'smarter' - love forever pieces that will work more efficiently in the wardrobe. But this new year I would like to buy more ethically too by investing in brands with a sustainable vision. Here is a list of brands I will be investing in in 2016 and their must have pieces.
My TOP FIVE brands with a heart
1. Stella Jean | She collaborates with African and Haitian artisans to promote self sustaining local communities. I'd wear this Mietitore maxi skirt all summer with a simple white vest and the biggest smile on my face.
2. Eileen Fisher | They use the most sustainable fabrics and responsible dyes they can get there hands on and by 2020 all their cotton will be organic. These coated black leggings hang in the wardrobes of most of my clients. As cool as leather but easier to look after, they look great with a slouchy knit and ankle boots.
3. made Jewellery | Each unique piece is hand made by local artisans in Kenya. They have collaborated with fashion's most established brands - Louis Vuitton, Topshop and Whistles. Add an edge to summer's floaty feminine dresses with these cool arrow studs.
4. EDUN | Founded by Ali Hewson and Bono in 2005, their mission is to source production and encourage trade in Africa. With the former design director from Alexander Wang now at the design helm this brand is taking a cool new direction. I love wearing white in winter and this update on the cable knit will look great with my plaid coat.
5. Mar Y Sol | The sale of their products allows families in Madagascar to gain economic independence and preserve their traditional crafts all in a sustainable fashion. This Havana bag had me with its of-the-moment removable pom pom accessorie and its saffron yellow stripes and will look equally brilliant with jeans in the city or a swimsuit in the sun.
Happy New Year!