The new season brings new and exciting bag shapes. An updated luxurious bag adds a different dimension to last seasons knitwear and denim but it can also put a massive dent in your bank balance. So what if you want a distinctive bag at a palatable price point that looks and feels as good as Gucci? The popularity of brands like Mansur Gavriel has given rise to other cool, contemporary bag brands that are offering luxury and quality at an accessible price. So before you decide to live off baked beans for a month, here are my top 6 boutique bag brands that will have people asking ‘where did you get that bag?”.
1. Danse Lente - London based label, Danse Lente is french for ‘slow dance’. Famous for its Lorna bucket bag but I also love the Mia.
2. Cult Gaia - famous for its re-issue of the traditional Japanese picnic basket. They are now moving into clothing too and it is good. Very good.
3. Mehry Mu - You can see the Turkish influence in Günes Mutlu’s designs. I love these jewel coloured velvet box bags
4. Building Block - Focusing on form over fancy detailing, these LA based sisters are certainly on form with the box leather shoulder bag.
5. PB 0110 - German Philipp Bree’s bags combine clean lines and an irresistible colour palette. They are instantly wearable and this circular shape is at the top of my wish list for a great new season update.
6. KARA - Not a new kid on the bag block but worth a mention as I own 3 of their bags. The tie leather tote is perfect for work or if you have the kids in toe. And I love the new season green
7. Cafuné - another one to put on your bucket list
Penny Bennett is a Personal Stylist and Personal Shopper and Image Consultant who works with successful men and women from London and the south east who feel their wardrobe is letting them down and need a fresh pair of eyes to fine tune their style.